I actually said this once. It was the day I broke out in hives. The workout brought them out even more….which was a good and bad thing 😛
Since my last updated workout post, I’ve changed it again. Yes AGAIN! I had to! If I notice something isn’t working I change it. I come across tons of new exercises everyday, so there is no reason not to try something new (check out Thick. Fine. Healthy. on Pinterest if you’re interested in trying some new moves yourself).
My cardio days are still Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (and sometimes Saturday and Sunday depending on how I feel). The only difference is that some days I am tired. TIRED! But I still try to push myself to workout. This past Friday, I decided to walk instead of doing my “Two and Ones”. I added a 5% incline (or 5 degrees, I’m not really sure on this machine) on the treadmill and walked for an hour. Shockingly I burned close to 400 calories (according to the machine) by making that small change. That’s about a 100 calorie increase! I’ve decided whenever I don’t feel up to running, I’ll just walk on an incline.
My strength days are still Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (see above) but I’ve changed three moves. I’m also using 10-pound weights now! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS! These 10-pound weights have me going hard in the paint! Check out my changes.
Combo Circuit Training #5
- Incline Walk (10%) for 15 minutes (butt, legs)
- Weighted Twist (abs, obliques, butt, legs) One 10-pound weight
- Strap Happy Shaper (shoulders, upper and middle back, abs)
- Lateral Lunge with Twist (abs, obliques, butt, thighs, legs) One 10-pound weight
- Side Bend Shoulder Press* (abs, shoulders, obliques) One 10-pound weight
- Curtsy Punch* (abs, arms, shoulders, obliques, butt, legs) One 10-pound weight
- Split-Squat Curls* (abs, obliques, butt, legs) One 10-pound weight
- Reverse Crunches (lower back, abs, obliques, butt) (1:15-minute mark)
- Knee Jacks* (abs, shoulders, obliques, legs) One 10-pound weight
- Outer and Inner Thigh Kick Stretch* (Outer and inner thigh)
- Dumbbell Swing (shoulders, back, abs, butt, hamstrings) One 10-pound weight
Excluding the walking, I still complete the above as fast-paced circuit routine. A few notes about my new workout routine:
- After months of walking backwards on the treadmill, I was told that I couldn’t, “because….safety reasons.” Honestly, I was shocked it never came up before. So many members of the staff have seen me do it, including the gym managers. I’m guessing another gym patron complained. Lame! However, the steep incline did prove to be difficult so I’m not too mad about the change 🙂
- Each move is performed for one minute with the exception of the Strap Happy Shaper. This move is performed for 20 reps with a 15-second break in the middle.
- The single-starred moves are performed for one minute on each side (Side Bend Shoulder Press, Curtsy Punch, Split-Squat Curls, and Outer & Inner Thigh Kick Stretch).
- When it comes to the Reverse Crunches, I don’t bring my legs back down like he does in the video….yet.
- When it comes to the Dumbbell Swings, I actually dip down a little deeper than she does! TAKE THAT FITNESS MODEL! 😛
Overall, I like the changes I’ve made. It makes the entire routine difficult again which forces me to push harder! This current routine makes me feel EVEN MORE powerful and challenged.
That’s my workout plan, what’s yours? Also, here’s a little workout inspiration* 😀
*Speaking of Waka, WHY LAWD!!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THEM! WHY DID GUCCI AND WAKA SPLIT UP?????? I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE TOGETHER FOREVER! I THOUGHT THEY WOULD MAKE IT! Besties in Pregnancies is over! OVER! I HAVE THUG TEARS! So many thug tears!!!