Thick. Fine. Healthy.


Thick_ Why

Yes, I know I didn’t blog for three days straight. I honestly committed myself to blogging this entire month for National Blog Posting Month but it was just not in the cards. I tried y’all. Last Tuesday, I worked late but I was determined to get back in the paint and go hard! And then there was (early) Friday morning.

To make a long story short (it’s extremely long), I had a severe allergic reaction where my throat and tongue swelled up. By morning, my tongue was still swollen but I was unaware of what caused it and how serious it was until my mom told me to immediately go see a doctor. I went to the doctor and I guess I was still too calm because I was told, “You should have gone to the ER. You could have died last night.”

As well all know, I can be pretty dramatic. Here’s an indication of how upset/emotionally exhausted I was Friday: I couldn’t even be dramatic. At least I don’t think I was. I was so out of it. OMG! I was paranoid more than anything. I ate out for two days because I was afraid to eat anything in my house. Most of what I eat on a day to day basis is on every high allergen list I could find. What??? O_O

To be honest, I was too paranoid to eat. I think I ate twice both days. I also spent two days with slurred speech until my tongue swelling fully went away. It was a mess. I’m making myself sad again. 🙁

FOOD TRIED TO TAKE ME CLEAN OUT THE GAME TWICE IN ONE WEEK! TWICE! I’m over here thinking, Well, even if I can’t eat meat, I still have seafood. And then BAAM! Fresh clams try to end me. Yep, it was clams that did it! I’ve had clams many-a-time before. The difference was that last Saturday was the first time I’d ever been to a nearby fish market. I made clam chowder and Thursday night was when I ate the last serving of it.

Out of all the times I’ve said, “I COULD HAVE DIED!”, “I ALMOST DIED!”, “I’M DYING!”, and I’m sure there are other variations of that statement, I really almost died AND I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT! Actually that’s a good thing. When I woke up with a swollen tongue in the middle of the night, I didn’t panic. I just went back to sleep….not once, but three different times. Yes my tongue was so swollen that I couldn’t close my mouth and my throat felt funny. But I could breathe just fine! I’ve had A LOT of allergic reactions in my life. In fact, I had one last month! It always starts with some itching followed by excessive itching, redness, and then hives. All of which is followed by me wishing I could claw all my skin off because WHY LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! JUST MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!! QUICK SOMEBODY THROW ME INTO A FREEZING LAKE!!!! JUST MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

But until that night, my throat and tongue have never swelled up. I always thought that type of reaction included difficulty breathing (it usually does). I have asthma, I know all about struggling to breathe. The fact that I could breathe even while trying to stuff a swollen tongue back into my mouth led me to believe it wasn’t that serious. Also, I shouldn’t be required to make important decisions when I’m sleeping. I’m loopy dennamug until I’ve been awake AT LEAST 10-15 minutes. I cannot be relied on within those first 10-15 minutes.

I’m the same person who thinks I’m being bombed during thunderstorms. I thought I was dying when a branch hit my window during a wind storm (the window was fine). If I just cleaned my room, I’ll wake up in the middle of the night thinking I’ve been kidnapped and am being held captive in some random house. Only to realize I’m in my own bed. -_-

My point is, it’s easy to see why I didn’t hop up and go to the ER like I should have. LISTEN! God kept me that night! I like to think God and Jesus were in my apartment taking shifts all night. When it was God’s turn to take a break, Jesus turned to him and said, “Oh, watch out for that kitten. She’s insane.” And God said unto Jesus, “Yeah, kind of new that.” And Jesus felt a little shaded because he was just trying to be nice and forgot God was omniscient.

I also like to think you just read that went, “O_O Dominique…..just go……”

So I’m going to just go……. 😛

**Seriously though, I feel much better now. It was an emotionally taxing couple of days. I felt like my life was turned upside down. Even though this was a first for me, I won’t be eating any seafood for a while. Also, I’ll probably do a post on food allergens since I did a lot of research over the weekend.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *